9/21/2008

Vancovuer Itinerary Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(5th Sept. 2001 ~ 7th Oct. 2001)



I was so lucky to have a wonderful homestay family in Vancouver. I always say I have another home in Canada.

My homestay house looks like a white castle. (I will find the photo later.)

Ramesh - 55 years old,Homestay father, look like Indian. Ha ha... immigrated to Canada for 30 years. Super easy go along with him, talkative, with a hot heart, open mind, like to say how beautiful love is. I used to discuses with him about love, married issues. Let me feel like a real father, can be trusted.

Melinda - 55 years old, Homesty mother, typical American white look. She is a patient, tender, touched good mother. I don't eat cheese and onion. She had made food without cheese and onion every time. (Ex: pizza without cheese). Make so many Chinese foods for me. I really enjoyed her food.

Sunil - 10 years old, my little brother and little boyfriend. Ramesh used to say Sunil is too young to be my husband. Sunil has good parents and nice character, always full of ideas.


Jugnu - 27 years old, Ramesh's niece, my good sisters. She has married last year, her husband "Vipin" apply to immigrate Canada. Jugnu works at ILSC (My ESL School).

There are a Japanese student (Yomiko-Japanese-26) and another student (Korean-Gine-22).There are three floors, including 10 rooms, 6 bathrooms. It's a huge house, isn't it?

(Cony, Ramesh, Melinda、Sunil at Homestay in 2001)

The tour driver "Yee" and his friend "William" had showed me the most famous and beautiful places and treated me as a very good friend. They took me to English Bay, White Rock, Whistler, Chinatown, Richmond, etc. Even I just arrived in Vancouver but I fall in love with Vancouver. Thanks Yee and William. I haven't forgotten until now.

(Cony at English Bay)

(Downtown Vancvouer)

(Night view at Vancvouer)

(Cony and a big bear at Whilster)

(Cony and William at a golf course)


first course -(10th Sept. 2001 ~ 7th Oct. 2001)

Morning - Communication I2 Teahcer( Bari /Jennifer/ Cliff )
Afternoon - Writing 2 Teahcer (Lori)


I had gone to ELS school ILSC(International Language Schools of Canada)in the early morning. I met my counselor, Sam, who takes care of all Taiwanese and Chinese students at ILSC. English only at school.

I had a test and interview. My level is I2. There are 9 levels in ILSC) At that time, my listening and speaking was terrible. I choose Communication in the morning and writing in the afternoon. My lesson is three hours in the morning and one and half hours in the afternoon. So I finish my lesson at 2:30PM. There was a student take us to know about ILSC campus, there are five campuses. ILSC is really good of ESL (English as second language) schools in Vancouver. I guarantee!

(Cony and Carol, my colleague who introduced me to study in Vancouver. At waterfront)

11th Sept. 2001, the unforgettable day. My first class starts today. I had called back my home, my family worried about if I am dangerous in Canada or not. They thought Canada just nearby USA. I explain to them, it's far away.

My Communication classmates.

Dany - 27 years old, from Brazil with blue eye and golden hairs. A handsome boy in our class and my best friend. Without him, my Vancouver life wasn't perfect

Bastien - 23 years old, from Switzerland, my brother. We were in the same class many times. We have good relationship until now.

Joan - 30 years old from Taiwan. The only one good Taiwanese friend I had in Vancouver. We had good time together.

Jenny -30 years old, from Korea, knows how to cook. We went out several times. She speaks English well.

May - 19 years old, from Korea, Major in Music. She will stay in Vancouver for a long time and plan to go to university.

Other classmates - Mikico, Yasu, Lenny, Min, Jin,Franciwa

Our teacher, Bari, she always encourage us to talk. We always go out in the class on Friday.

>(Left:Min, May, Mikico, Fraciwa, Jenny(wear black, Jin, Lenny, Yasu, Bastien, Dany, Bari, Joan and Cony at the Stanley Park)

(Korean, Dany hold Cony at Queen Elizabeth Park)

(Cony and teahcer Cliff at Queen Elizabeth Park)

(Cony and parrot at Queen Elizabeth Park)

(Cony and teacher Lori at downtown Vancouver)

(Cony and Chinesegirl MonYen at ILSC....lost her contact. If somebody know her, please help me to find her....)

Every Fridays, students always to Cambie Bar. There is a important place to ILSC school student. We also call it "6th" Campus. There are full of my good memory there, I will show photos later.

I have contacted my Taiwanese friends on internet. I don't fell lonely and miss home at all.

.



No comments: