9/26/2008

Vancovuer Itinerary Chapter 7

Chapter 7

5th Course - (28th Jan.2002 ~ 24 Feb. 2002)

Morning - Academic Preparation A2 Teacher (Ron)
Afternoon - Pronunciation 2


I had chosen Ron’s class again but absence a lot because of being sick. I was a whole sick student at these two courses without too much impression. Sorrow follows extreme pleasure; I was very bad in the month.

It was around 35 degree in Mexico but snowed in Vancouver during the time when I was in Mexico. When I just came back to Vancouver, it was 30 degree different. I felt too cold to go out and caught a serious cold. Yoshie caught a cold before me. We had transmitted a cold to each other again and again. I got a high fever around 39 degree. I didn’t go to see a doctor just took my medicine from Taiwan. In Rob’s house, Yoshie and I always felt cold. We were lazy to go out to buy food then we become weak day after day. We thought we may die in Canada one by one together.

Suddenly, Homesaty father, Ramesh, knew about we were sick for a long time, come to see us with Melinda and Sunil. After they went back, we hadn’t have recovered any. So Ramesh phoned us to come back and took care of us. When I heard Ramesh’s voice, my tears come out right away. I felt I was too stupid to move out from such a wonderful homestay. Moving out, the only one advantage was having a best “evil” sisiter+friend , Yoshie. We always talked one or two hours in bed before sleeping, we didn’t need to talk just make eye contact then we could understand each other. As Ramesh said to me, this was learning. I always knew I was lucky!。

Rob and our relationship were good because of his broke up with his girlfriend and he was moody at the time we moved out. Before I went back to Taiwan, we had a long chat then we were good friends as usual. I cherished every friend.

On Valentine’s Day, I had used my poor digital camera to make a video saying hello to everybody. Chatted on msn and e-mail to Jorge couldn’t make me recover well. I miss the blue sea, beautiful and lovely Jorge. No more school activities after being sick, but homestay life had make me a new home feeling. Ramesh and Melinda prepared the fresh fruit, special tea and nutritional food for me. Some days later I recovered better and better after taking care of me from them. What a felicity girl
I was. How wonderful to have a family!

On the Chinese New Year’s Eve, I had called back to my mother to say happy new year. Yoshie told me that my mother was too cool to say to me “It’s too expensive to call from Vancouver, take care. Bye.” My first Vancouver Chinese year wasn’t different.
On 17th Feb., we moved back in homestay, compared with ex-roommates. This was different way to get along with each other. There were five students else in the family, we were more like sisiters. Besides, Yoshie, there were,

Itana - 18 years old, from Brazil. She talked slowly and likes to play guitar. When her boyfriend phoned her, she kissed everybody. She really liked a little girl because she bitted her nails sometimes.

Sayuri – 30 years old, from Japan. Her English level wasn’t good but studied hard. We were the same age and I liked her personality.

Joon – 23 years old, from Korea. I used to kink her head and said” English in easy, I’m not easy.” Even her speaking and listening wasn’t good but vocabularies and grammar was good. She was confident to speak her opinion, so she improver her English fast.

Coincidence! They arrived day by day and felt nervous being a new place. Who else won’t! Melinda went back to USA to see her mother on that week. Sunil and I were Ramesh’s little helpers to take care of everybody, even not the best but we were still pass the time without “homestay mother”.

This month was my first time to miss “home”. Most people miss home when they live alone but in my case, my feeling wasn’t strong besides I was sick. Anyway, Cony was back in the world and alive again.


(Left: Sayuri.Sunil.Joon.Cony.Yoshie.Melinda.Ramesh.Itana)
Sayuri.Sunil.Joon.Cony.Yoshie.Melinda.Ramesh.Itana - representative countries, Japan, Canada, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, USA, India and Brazil, 7 countries. We were a little UN.)

(Making Funny dog photos at homestay)

(False hair - Blue Cony and Pink Sayuri went window shopping in downtown Vancovuer.)

(Actress Demi moore’s handprint. In downtown Vancvoure.)

.

No comments: