9/30/2008

Vancovuer Itinerary Chapter 8

Chapter 8

6th Course (25th. Feb. 2002 ~ 24th. Mar. 2002)

Morning - Canadian Studies (Charles)
Afternoon - Listening 3 (Cindy)


My last course at ILSC, I had chosen Canadian Studies. I thought it’s necessary to know Canada more to be here such a long time.

Charles – 50+ years old, born in Vancouver. He knew Canada well maybe I should call him a Canada dictionary.

My classmates:
Diana – 19 years old from Mexico. She was a professional DJ and emceed a radio show in Mexico.
Laura – 18 years old from Colombia. She was a latin beauty with an angle face and evil body. When she danced, so sexy!

There were three Korean students more. I liked this kind of small class, 6 students only. The weather was usually good during the course. We went out to see the real Canada history all the time. We had been to water supply factory, salmon termination, Lynn Valley Park in Vancouver. You didn’t need to go far away to see a beautiful view. Sometimes, the sun comes out but really cold. Charles taught us to know most important tress of western coast, this kind of learning was directly and efficacious.

(Cold! Cony is in front a green shine lake at Lynn Valley)

The most important activity in Canada Studies, we rent a van, from downtown Vancouver to a wharf to know the economic beginning. We knew trains in Canada were automatic without people control them and they connected more than 100 carriages most of the time.
SFU which is the second biggest university of Vancouver next, the first one is UBC. Somebody said, the construction structure copied from pyramid of Mexico. Yes, I had the same feeling.

(Cony.Diana.Laura were sitting on a big tree trunk at the Burnaby Park)

(?.Laura.Cony.Diana.? At SFU in Vancouver)

(Cony and canoe at UBC museum)

We saw the first house in B.C. where was in the historic site. It showed the pass people how to build a house, forge iron, live, trade and the mergence between native people and immigration. We went to Bridal Falls where was pretty as a bride. There was an amazing lake! Under the sunset, the lake shadow was PINK of the mountain in Harrison Hot Springs I called it Pink Mountain.

(Cony and Charles under the blue sky and white clouds of a beautiful day , on the way to Bridal Falls)

(Did Cony look like wearing a bride veil? At Bridal Falls)

(Cony and Charles. At Harrison Hot Springs)

(The Pink Mountain. At Harrison Hot Springs)

Charles encouraged me to drive the van, he said it’s a good experience to drive on the high way in Canada. There were only a Korean classmate and I had driver license, I was afraid of driving there. I hadn’t driven for more than a year and drove a small car only. They might scare of my drive skill. God blessed us, we were alive after my first experience driving in Canada.

My listening teacher – Cindy, 32 years old just married. She was also my a kind of classmate, that we had learned snowboarding in Whistler. She taught class very serious and good. I had satisfied all my ILSC teachers and appreciated what they had taught me. Really opened my mind!

There were several Mexican parties in Gaby and Marta’s apartment. We had the same friends: Marta, Rebecca, May and others. Gaby had cooked many Mexican foods; I knew she will be a good wife. A big secret! She liked an Argentina boy “Nacho” at that time, but the story was presented continuous.

(Parting Party 1 at Gaby and Marta’s apartment. In downtown Vancouver.)

(Parting Party 2 at Gaby and Marta’s apartment. In downtown Vancouver.)

(Some friends of Homestay were in the Stanley Park)

There was a big party in my Italian Brother Andrea’s apartment. We ate Korean and French food( Breef - French Arnaud made it.). Andrea said he couldn’t make a any western girlfriends after meeting Asian girls. Ha ha ha… The result was he had married a Japanese wife” Akiko”. Good for him. We danced, drank, had HUGE fun there.

(Do you know what Cony.Andrea.Yoshie perform? “007” movie. )

(Russian- Demitri, Andrea, Cony, Alound, The funny one was Balthazar (The Halloween sexy nurse)

( A big party 1 at Andera’s apartment in downtown Vancouver)

( Party2 girls at Andera’s apartment in downtown Vancouver)

( Party3 boys at Andera’s apartment in downtown Vancouver)

Visited Lynn Valley again with my Homestay sisters and Rachel – my Taiwanese coworker’s daughter who learned English at ILSC. We wore warm and visit there; we took photos on the drawbridge and climb to the mountain lake. Unfortunately, we forgot prepared enough food to eat. It was too hungry to walk. We still went back home early.

(Homestay sisiters: Yoshie, Cony, Sayuri, Goon and Itana. In Lynn Valley)

(left Rachel, Goon’s friend, Goon, Diana(Mexican), Sayuri, Cony, Yoshie. In Lynn Valley)

Talking to everybody was what I did at homestay all the time. I had massage Ramesh, Melinda and even Sunil, they did love it. Of course I had spent a lot of time on internet talked to Jorge. After came back from Mexico, I had eaten food spicy than spicy, Ramesh laughed at me like a real Mexican. Everybody said to me, they boght me a one way fight ticket to Mexico and don’t come back. Ha ha ha ….

On weekends, we had been to Cambie Bar, Roxy, Bourbon and some more Bars danced, drank and chatted with friends, had relaxed but debauch life.

(Diana, Cony, Hana, Yoshie at the Bourbon Bar)

(Mexican- Lalo, Diana, Cony, Yoshie, Japanese- Kenji at the Bourbon Bar)

Some of Yoshie’s poor “experiences”. One day, after drinking, we took on sky train back to homestay. She forgot paid the money, I had got a monthly pass but she didn’t had it. She got a CAD 46 ticket. This was a kind of first Canadian experience. She had told me that she got bird shit twice in Japan. “Twice.” Oh! Poor girl. Once, she miss the flight back to Japan, she saw the plane flight away. Another one was, we danced at the Plazza pub, she was too high to lose her contact lenses and hand chain. She was professional poor! ^_^

I knew I didn’t have too much time in Vancouver, so I cherished every moment. I was the last few among my first course classmates. I enjoyed so much, it was the top of having fun in Canada.

.

No comments: