10/02/2008

Vancovuer Itinerary Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Travel to The Rockies again (29th Mar. ~ 1st Apr.)


My last travel schedule. Yoshie and I went out to the agency of downtown in the early morning, I paid the monthly bus pass by my credit card and she gave me cash. I almost finished all my money during pass period. I was really POOR girl at the end.

There were a Mexican (Diana), a Taiwanese (Me), seven Japanese including Yoshie and 31Koreans. We took a normal bus not a big one but better school bus. The tour guide, Kevin, Korean guy but can speak English fluency. He was too rude to speak Korean only to everybody. Totally ignore 9 non-Korean visitors. And an unkindly driver compared to my ex- the Rockies tour’s driver Yee. It was a big different. What a qualified tour guide and driver they were! I hadn’t had good impression of Koreans, except my Korean friends.

The first stop was the Bridal water falls, where I had been here with teacher Charles. But these times, tour guide stopped here for going to the bathroom without go nearby. Yoshie was so dispositive about not go close by the water falls.
The first lunch ate Korean food; it was the first time for Diana to use chopsticks. She couldn’t eat meat and rice, she asked for a folk but nobody could offer. All of non-Koreans feed her to finish her food. Very sweet! Yoshie used to eat a lot but everybody has the same quantity, she always felt hungry after eating. It was a long distance trip; it played the Korean music all the time. It liked non-Korean’s sleeping music. There was a principle for us, “it’s time to sleep when get on the bus, it’s time to go to bathroom when get off the bus.”

(Some people on the way to the Rockies)

The dinner was Chinese food but not buffer because we joined the cheaper student tour, even without fruits. I had known about that very well. There were four people live in a Motel room. Fortunately, it was clean. We would like to drink with our friends only, Yoshie and I took some beers with us. When we told Diana came to join us, there was a Korean woman”Jenny” said “Oh! Our beers”, Yoshie was mad about her rude. Yoshie ignored her. Diana was polite to ask may I drink it. Of course! Yoshie answered. Yoshie said this was the attitude problem. I completely agreed with that.

The first Mexican Make up style. A Korean girl Su-Min was the fist one. Diana had made her very light one but she removed it after going out. I was the second one, I told Diana make me a real Mexican one. Ha ha ha …. Very black. My first Mexican make up look like a “Panda make up”. Big eye but look sexy. Wasn’t I? I had taken some sexy photos. Yoshie has a big eye with this make up, she tought her eyes were too big. Maybe I like the Mexican make up only. I do like Mexico.

(Diana, Korean-Su-Min, Yoshie, Cony Mexican Panda Make up at a hotel)

(Cony Mexican Panda Make up at Hotel)

(Cony and Diana are drinking beer at Hotel)

There were seven Korean boys planed of a party which was impressed me a lot. They asked everybody paid 10 CAD to go, but after going inside the room, there was no music, several Korean groups sat and talked to each other without dancing. Diana taught us how to dance. Some Koreans came to introduce themselves but was bored. We wanted to be polite stayed there but it was a super cold party and frozen in that room. We run away quickly. But some Korean girls enjoyed a lot maybe that was Korean style. We didn’t understand Korean.

※※※

The second day, we ate MacDonald’s hamburgers. I asked for a hamburger without cheese. I knew it’s not good to be picky but hard to change this habit. There were two Korean late for meeting time, Kevin asked them sang songs paid for it. Oh! My god. Somebody killed pigs, why did we need to take their mistakes?

The Lake Emerald has the totally different view between summer and winter. I had felt valuable feeling joined the boring tour team. I had made a big snowball on the lake. Sat, lay, jumped, stand and I took photos with all position. What an amazing nature! Came to the white snow world, I could feel whole my body and heart were clear and clean.

I was so excited to hear Chinese and Taiwanese after so much Korean. I came to ask where were them from. They were from Taipei, Taiwan even the Taiwanese tour guide pulled me a sled. He was shy that after I had given him a big hug. Ha ha…. I should take this good culture “HUG” back to Taiwan and teach people to enjoy it.

We had expensive lunch at a Korean restaurant in national park. Korean love their country very much, there were full of Korean flags everywhere and helped their people. Korean foods are only spicy and Kim chi for me. I was sitting next to Jenny, I felt like a dog sitting next to me. Why did I say that? I had never met somebody eat food with so loud sound. I wanted to ask for stopping her sound but too many Korean eating with sound. There were only 9 non-Koreans to 32 Koreans that I realize too small power to fight about it. So…. Let her go. I closed my eyes and ears. 

(Korean restaurant. My left side is Jenny. In the Rockies)

We went to Banff Hot Spring in the afternoon. We were not interested in this kind of hot spring in Taiwan because only a pool. There were 150 people in the pool, very crowded. It was cold, so everybody crowded together was good. Among foreigners, Asian faces were special. Of course, we took some pretty photos here.

(Japanese friends at Banff Hot spring)

(It was 0 degree. Super cold! At Banff Hot spring)

It was good to eat Japanese food “Teriyaki” not Korean food in Banff. On the free time, we met Yoshie ex- Japanese tour guide”Sashiy”. They knew each other of going to see the northern light in Forcamala. Sashiy – 29 years old, had been to Canada for 5 years to be a tour guide. She usually took Japanese tour, so she didn’t speak English very much. She was nice, kind and cute much better than Kevin.

(Korean tour guide -Kevin,Yoshie,Cony and Japanese tour guide Sashiy in Banff)

At night, Diana and I wanted to dance and Yoshie wanted to drink, so Yoshie, Diana, Su-Min, Christal and I went to a pub after asking the hotel counter. I was a nice pub with good music and DJ (but I forgot the name), 10 CAD for a ticket. Alcohols of the pub were cheaper because of the tax only 7%. Kevin come with other Koreans arrived after more an hour. We enjoyed of dancing and drinking.

※※※

Early meeting time was hard for me, a night owl. We still ate McDonalds, some toasts with butter. I didn’t feel hungry but sleepy.

The first stop was cattle hotel, it’s a luxurious hotel and we took photos there. I didn’t miss any view even I was very sleepy.
Lake Bow, I had been here last time. Photos on stones, this time my hairs were in a mass. It all looked the same under snows.

Lake Louise is the most important lake of Canada. It is beautiful as a pretty woman in summer and snow white as a shy girl in winter. Yoshie and I excited as kids of eating candy. When Yoshie went down to the lake, she felt down. I helped her then I felt down together. We didn’t mind at all. I took off my coat and sweater and took photos with only wear vest. Yoshie and I were playing “a fall down game” with her great camera. We had enjoyed about it and made photos. What a wonderful view it was! How happy we were in Lake Louise.

(Wear vest only. On frozen Lake Louise)

(Funny fall down game. On frozen Lake Louise)

( Yoshie and Cony. On frozen Lake Louise)

( The magic nature! I couldn’t imagine I was on a small boat in summer at the same place.)

I finally saw the cattle on the ice but left some broken one. Even thought we still took many photos with it. The weather was getting warm; we could see some place start to fuse. I was so curious about were there anybody fall into the fuse lake. Goodbye, beautiful Lake Louise. I didn’t know when I can come back again.

Next one was Athabasca Water Falls. Very special saw frozen water falls. Because of fusing a little bit. I saw some blue white color; it’s different from other water falls.
William’s Taiwanese tour guide friend, Catherine, and I met here. What a small world! We can meet people anywhere even that far away. She had a tour to the Rockies, even in winter still a lot of Taiwanese came. Taiwan is one of the important hero for Canada’s sightsee industry.

I admired Catherine because of one of my dreams was to be a tour guide. I should think about my future of being a tour guide. People say it’s important to work with your habits but making money is important, too. There will be wonderful if somebody want paying me high salary to hire me after seeing my itineraries. Contact me directly; I will be a best one of tour guide. ^_*

On the way to Jasper, the bus skidded on a patch of ice road. Gold bless us. That had scary for few minutes only. When we were arrived Columbia Ice field; there was snowing. I felt like a genius in a heaven where he sky and ground were white. Ha ha….I reveled in it very much. In downtown Jasper, I met a big husky dog that I liked clean big dog. I usually said it’s a heaven for dongs living in Canada with great people and environment.

(Cony and a big husky dong. In downtown Jasper of the Rockies)

The tour guide “Kevin” explained there were swimming pool and a small hot spring inside the hotel with Koean language only. It wasn’t news of him. Yoshie knew the hotel swimming pool from a magazine, nobody went but both of us. The pool wasn’t big but clean. We had enjoyed it.

At night, Koreans invited us to know their culture in the party. At the beginning, it played Korean music and we were acceptable it. But explain to us started speaking in Korean language. I was mad and argued with them about introducing Korean cultures in Korean language. It’s too rude to speak in Korean language for Non-Koreans. I had asked them to speak in English otherwise Non-Koreans would leave. Everybody could speak English why they communicate in Korean language only in the party. There was a Korean boy explained to us that they were shy to speak English. (Actually, I didn’t feel any sky of Korean.) I said everybody come to Canada to study English. Non-Koreans weren’t many people here and we didn’t speak English better than them. But if people want to communicate at least need to be polite and understandable. He must felt Taiwanese girl was tough. He apologized for it. They changed into speak English but Korean language sometimes.

We had drank a lot and danced in the party and forgot that Korean music. We run away after they sang Korean songs of Karaoke. The party was in another place 15mins by walk from the hotel. On 2:30Am, we went back to the hotel, it was cold around -10 degree. I remembered of my Russian friend Dmitri said about -20 is warm, -30 is ok, -40 is cold. What’s the different? I felt cold if lower than -10 degree.

※※※

After late for sleeping late in two nights. The last breakfast wasn’t MacDonald’s but Korean food. Oh! I couldn’t stand Korean food any more. This was first time for me wanted to go home during a trip. I wanted to escape from anything relative Korean.
I didn’t mean I don’t like here but I couldn’t like this trip always full of Korean everywhere. It was too strong and too much for a non-Korean. This is was my fist “special” experience.

On our tour schedule, we would visit another waterfall but didn’t know change to visit Lake Wawa. Of course, this because of the tour guide spoke Korean language only. I was tired to ask anymore. Lake Wawa is not in the Rockies and without frozen. The tour guide”Kevin” was the same, from the beginning to the end even in saying goodbye to everybody that had explained Korean language only. I suggested to the travel agency that the tour must show “Korean people only” otherwise Non-Korean people won’t enjoy it. I would like to be a tour guide to improve levels of tour guide, especially like this bad example.

( MacDonald in Canada)

(Yoshie and Cony. On a frozen road)

( Yoshie and Cony with a carriage. In the Rockies)

(Cony with Japanese friends. In Lake Wawa)

Four days later, I had made a conclusion. It’s hard for me to really like anything about Korean in a short time. I had seen Koreans combination was good, too. Even thought I didn’t like that wasn’t polite but that’s the way they been successful sometimes. One more important thing, find good partner to travel having fun together but never been Korean people. Keep in your mind!

PS: I didn’t criticize Korean, just said in my experience. Actually, I have seveal friendly and good Korean friends. I apologized for it if you didn’t agree with that. But it’s better to know what people really feeling about you. Isn’t Right?

.

No comments: