10/02/2008

Vancovuer Itinerary Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Epilog (1st. Apr. ~ 16th. Apr.)


I had met my first course teacher, Jennifer at waterfront station after 7 months later. She was shock about my English improvement so much. It was a big difference between I didn’t speak English well and fluency. I had told her about everything including Homestay, classmates, and parties, school activities, the Mexico trip and Jorge. She felt so proud of me. She gave me commentary to me in my notebook. I had started my notebook too late after most of friends leaving. I read it all the time until now.

(The first course teacher Jennifer and Cony. At waterfront station)

At Homestay. I plant, clean the house, cut vegetables, and wash dishes as a helper that enjoyed a house life. Ramesh told me, all the house work, he enjoys about wish dishes. Because he can imagine the feeling of making love with drinking wine while wishing dishes. It was a crazy idea. So we asked to wish dishes all the time. Ha…ha … *^_^*

The homestay family called me “Noodle girl” because of eating the instant noodle all the time even without staff of life. I am the unique and some kind of art in Homesaty. I didn’t need to say how much they took care of me. I had spent all my money without paying the Homestay fee. I stayed there less than a week of my Canada visa valid date on 22nd April 2002. They hoped me to extend my visa. I would stay if I could still have some money. Ha ha….

(I made Udon noodle, Yoshie made Miso soup)

I had invited Gaby and Marta come to our Homestay for dinner. Eating, drinking, singing and dancing. They had a parting talking at Homestay for me. We were happy here but sad about their leaving soon. Marta went back to Spain when I was in the Rockies trip. Several days later, I had said to goodbye to Gaby in the airport. We had a BIG cry there for sure.


(Gaby and Marta's parting talking at Homestay)

(Say goodbye to Yoshie’s Japanese friend in the airport)

It was cool listened to Russian music in Dmitri’s apartment. Elena cooked Russian food that steamed of rice, pork and green pepper, sounded weird cook but it’s very delicious. Jean – 19 years old from Taiwan. She is pretty cute and small and one of Andrea’s friend. Dmitri couples showed how to dance Russian style. Andrea and Akiko traveled to a country of Central America. They showed me many photos after coming back. That reminded me my romantic Mexico trip and Jorge. Visit this kind of unpopular counties for tour that you will find an incredible nature beauty.

(Party at Dimitri’s apartment. In downtown Vancovuer)
(WOW! Visit Andrea apartment. I had been to Andrea and Akiko’s wedding in Japan.)

I have recommended studying English in Vancouver even this was the only one experience for me. Not only the weather is comfortable, fresh air, but also immigration people are all friendly and kindly. Vancouver got award of the best city of people choosing to live. Ex: There are many Chinese in Vancouver, but if you don’t spend too much time with them. Your English will improve very soon. When you miss home, it’s good to eat the Chinese food and seeing the same people, right? So the best place to study English is Vancouver.

(Yoshie's Japanese friend,Sachie at a restaurant.)

We had a lot of farewell parties. In Bourbon Bar, Lalo (my Spanish teacher), Kenji, Tiroshi(Japanese drinking friends), Yoshie and Sayuri were drinking and dancing too happy to cry. In Purple Onion pub, Simon (Joe’s Cantonese friend) and Homestay sisters had fun together. I had met Yee and William to say goodbye. Yee was shy to tell me he was married in March. Ha ha …
( Farewell party 1 at Roxy Pub)

(Lalo, Diana, Cony, Yoshie, Kenji. Farewell party 2 at Bourbon Bar)

( Too many people! Hiroshi is on the right .Farewell party 3 at Bourbon Bar)

(Farewell party 4 at Purple Onion Pub)

( Farewell party 5 at Purple Onion Pub)
Joe, Hei, his friends and I met in a Korean restaurant to say goodbye. I had a lot of farewell parties so many times. We had made promise to meet again somewhere someday. Day after day, I would like to feel not too sad about leaving by drinking. But it’s not workable.

(Farewell party 1 at Homestay)

(Farewell party 2 at Homestay)

I finally realized “Do not care about for ever and ever, only cares about once has”. Forever is too far away and transiency for me. Knowing somebody must be destiny. No matter where I am, I know I will always keep inside my heart. It’s very hard to say goodbye to everybody, but I had been to school to visit Sam, Jasmine, Ron, Michael, Cindy, Galina all my teachers and friends. The happiest thing was talked to Rob with good conversation after some misunderstanding. I hope all my friends can be happy all the time. Please be happy if you look at my itineraries because you are my friends now. ^_^

(Cony and Sam with my certification at ILSC)

The important last step was buying souvenirs back to Taiwan. Ha ha… I had spent almost all my money on that time. I just bought maple syrup cookies and some little souvenirs. Ha ha….Can’t buy for everybody. Sorry!

On 16th, Apr. was my last day in Vancouver. Even I slept around 2 Am but I woke up at 7. When Ramesh and I hug to say good morning, my tears were in my eye already. It was a most hard day for me. Even now, whenever I think about it, I feel sour inside my heart. Ha ha…. I left a box of my clothes in Homestay that means I will be back someday for sure.

Hold! Hold! I couldn’t hold anymore when I need to go to the entrance in the airport. Ramesh and Melinda gave me a big hug, I cried very much. (Yoshie and I must be crying at home before I leave). Sayuri and I went back on the same day, we were lucky to have each other inside the airport. Sayuri stayed with me until the last minute I get on my plane. Not many people had this chance got somebody accompany. Few minutes later, there were full of Taiwanese on the china airline. I was not very getting along with my own language after staying Vancouver for such a long time. After 10 more hours, I will be in Taiwan and have another new start.

Thanks for reading my long Vancouver itineraries. I am looking forward meeting you, my friends. My many first times in Vancouver…… first time to speak English with foreigners ….listen English jokes…. First snowboarding…..first drinking Tequila….first dancing …….first romantic story......everything …..….

Actually, it look like playing all the time, I have never undeniable about it. Playing on the other hand is learning, it’s not only languages but also life and cultures. Open mind is the most things to realize life. It won’t be waste, if you get a chance to try it. Invest yourself is valuable. Learning is not only staying in your own place, go out and let your heart free. Sometimes look at the sky, see how far you can fly away.

In my backpack, I have got a lot of hope and energy. I look forward to have another experience in other countries. I would like to share all my happiness and what I learn there. If you have any question about learning English in Vancouver, I would like to help you/ You will feel touched if you realize my heart, please leave a message to me. ^_^

~ The End~
~Canada Vancouver itinerary finished in 2002~

I will write down some more travel itinerary and something of my friends
~ Coming Soon ~

.

No comments: